CosMCPrep Performance and Data
Plasmid Purification of High and Low Copy Number Plasmids
The CosMCPrep kit offers a versatile plasmid purification procedure built on SPRI paramagnetic bead-based technology. The CosMCPrep kit uses a single protocol to purify a variety of high and low copy number plasmids. The method can be run manually in a 96-well format or automated in 96-well format on a variety of Beckman Coulter Biomek liquid handling workstations. With flexible sample processing, ease of automation, and high quality results, the CosMCPrep kit is an ideal solution for all plasmid purification needs.
- High quality plasmids
- Single protocol for the purification of all template types
- Compatible plasmid types:
- Low copy number plasmids
- High copy number plasmids
- Automation procedures produce minimal variability in plasmid yield and quality
High Recovery of High Quality Small Plasmid DNA and Large Plasmid DNA
Plasmid DNA was isolated using CosMCprep kit from 800 µL of two E. coli strains; one strain carried a high copy small (<10kb) plasmid and the other strain carried a naturally occurring large (>100kb) plasmid. The concentration and yield of the plasmid DNA were quantified using the NanoDrop (Thermo Fisher Scientific). Plasmid purity was assessed using the NanoDrop (Thermo Fisher Scientific). Both the A260/280 and A260/230 ratios for the high copy small (<10kb) plasmid and the naturally occurring large (>100kb) plasmid are within satisfactory ratios for downstream applications.
|Plasmid Type||Concentration (ng/ul)||Yield (µg)||A260/280||A260/230|
|High copy number small (<10kb) plasmid||359.2||14.2||2.15||2.34|
|Naturally occurring large (>100kb) plasmid||90.3||3.6||1.95||1.78|
- Pellet cells
- Resuspend cells in RE1 solution
- Lyse cells in L2 solution
- Add N3 solution to neutralize the lysis
- Pellet lysis and transfer the supernatant
- Bind plasmid to magnetic beads
- Separate magnetic beads from contaminants
- Wash magnetic beads with 70% ethanol to remove contaminants
- Repeat wash 3 times
- Elute plasmid from magnetic beads
- Transfer to new plate
Products for Plasmid Purification
Not intended or validated for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions.
Beckman Coulter, the stylized logo, and the Beckman Coulter product and service marks mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Beckman Coulter, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.